Lien holder

• blue-eyes

English - Spain
    Hola Yolised....welcome to the forums...

for lien holder, I would put "persona con derecho de retención"
    Without knowing to what the payoff refers, it could be "liquidación"
    Hope this helps
    saludos@todos

PEF

Spanish
    La traducción de blue-eyes me parece correcta.
    También he visto que para holder se utiliza mucho el término tenedor. En este caso entonces sería: tenedor de derechos de retención.

cheers!

hecha_en_mexico

Tamaulipas, MEXICO spanish/english
    hello, how would you say it in this sentence:

"Do you still have a lien holder on your vehicle?"

"Todavia tiene usted _________ en su vehiculo?"

"Are you still making payments to a lien holder?"

"Todavia esta usted haciendo pagos a una institucion bancaria?"

OR

"Is America Honda Finance still your lien holder?"

????????

these sentences are commonly asked while i translate auto claims. i usually say :

Esta usted haciendo pagos a alguna institucion bancaria?

But most of my customers are not Mexican and they dont seem to be familiar with "institucion bancaria", very commonly used where i caome from...

any tips welcome, thank you...

PEF

Spanish
    I think it depends on the context:

Lien Holder = Acreedor hipotecario
    Lien Holder = Tenedor del embargo

Lien:
    gravamen / hipoteca / derecho de prende / derecho de retención / derecho prendario

smart guy

Spanish
    I think it depends on the context:

Lien Holder = Acreedor hipotecario
    Lien Holder = Tenedor del embargo

Lien:
    gravamen / hipoteca / derecho de prende / derecho de retención / derecho prendario
    Hola "Hecha en México", puedo aconsejarte que uses el termino "Financiera" llanamente; o "Institución Financiera", pues es la más común en el sector de Seguros en México cuando manejas términos referentes a un siniestro

pilipina

English & filipino dialect
    I have read the various comments in this forum, and wanted to ask a specific usage of lien holder... in the US when a parent does not pay child support but owns property, the state of Washington can actually go in and put a lien against the property. So, the context is not that a bank or financial institution originally offers a loan which a creditor accepts, but rather, it is that if I as a parent, do not pay my child support payments, then a lien is placed against my property. Would the lien holder, the state of Washington, be called el acreedor hipotecario, or would it be changed in grammatical structure to something like, "el estado de Washington se queda con el derecho de retención?" Is there a way to say that after a parent owns a home or a property, and the state takes a legal action to put a lien on the property, the state then becomes the lien holder. Is accreedor hipotecario the best translation in this context? Gracias de antemano

< Previous | Next >