Light site

patsmith

Italian
Hello,
I have to translate "Light Site" but I am not sure about the meaning. Here's some context:

"According to the country you are located, the way to connect changes. Where are you located?"

and then you have some option to choose from:

"XXX Company Sites: England, France, Spain, Czech Republic, Poland, Greece, Romania. Light Sites: Bosnia, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Malta, Austria, South Africa, Turkey". "While connecting from a Light-site, you will receive an SMS on your phone".

Can someone help me?
THANK YOU!
patsmith

• patsmith

Italian
    Si tratta di una piattaforma e-Learning di una grande azienda con sedi internazionali, sulla gestione delle HR.
    Non ne ho idea, ho pensato a "sedi secondarie", ma è davvero una scommessa...

QuasiTriestino

American English
    I'm not 100% sure about this, however, light site could mean a version of the website that's simpler and more, shall we say, Spartan than the main website.

For example, there are websites that have a full-blown, image-laden, videos-abounding main page... but they will also sometimes have a simpler, more-text-less-images version for people that have slower internet.

Case in point, if you go to NPR's main site and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page you will see "text only", which will take you to the simpler version of their page.

Last edited:

patsmith

Italian
    Hi QuasiTriestino, that could make sense.... thank you very much! But in that case, I could I translate it? Maybe just leave it like "Siti Light?"

< Previous | Next >