like to do / like doing - like to play / like playing

Creature from the Sun

Russian, K-Paxian
Dear Gurus,
Can we say that these questions (Q1 and Q2) and answers (A1 and A2) are interchangeable and have just the same meaning in common conversation, say, between two people:

Q1. What do you like to do? - A1. I like to play with my dog.
Q2. What do you like doing? - A2. I like playing with my dog.

And so if the question is (Q3.) What do you like?
can we answer both (A3.1) I like to play with my dog./ (A3.2) I like playing with my dog. ?
Thank you!

• owlman5

English-US
    And so if the question is (Q3.) What do you like?
    can we answer both (A3.1) I like to play with my dog./ (A3.2) I like playing with my dog. ?
    Yes. Both of those suggestions are reasonable answers to the question What do you like?

You don't have to mirror the grammar that somebody uses in forming a question. In normal conversations, I like playing with my dog is a reasonable answer to the question What do you like to do?

Creature from the Sun

Russian, K-Paxian
    Yes. Both of those suggestions are reasonable answers to the question What do you like?

You don't have to mirror the grammar that somebody uses in forming a question. In normal conversations, I like playing with my dog is a reasonable answer to the question What do you like to do?
    Thank you so much, Owlman! I really appreciate your kind help!
    So, the question, say, 'What do you like doing during summer vacation?' is okay, right?