Lipstick on a Pig

BJoyfulXYing

Chinese
Lipstick on a Pig: Winning in the No-Spin Era by Someone Who Knows the Game

Above is the book's name. This book is written by Torie Clarke. She works for Comcast, CNN, and was once an assistant secretary of defense for public affairs.
So, i need to comprehend this book's name because i have to translate into a different language.
Plz help me!

And i know that Lipstick on a Pig perhaps has a special meaning in America...

• BJoyfulXYing

Chinese
    PUT LIPSTICK ON A PIG English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com

People wear lipstick to make themselves look more beautiful. When you put lipstick on a pig, it still looks like a pig.
    Thanks, I think I have made it clear with your help. It's just like we do something that is useless or do something in a way that kids ourselves only.

I suggest you translate it literally. It may not be immediately comprehensible to readers of the new language, but it's not to English readers, either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    The useful link above leads to post #25 in that thread, which begins a discussion of the book title that is the topic of this thread.
    Here is a previous thread that explains 'no-spin', if anyone wants help with that: The no spin zone

BJoyfulXYing

Chinese
    The useful link above leads to post #25 in that thread, which begins a discussion of the book title that is the topic of this thread.
    Here is a previous thread that explains 'no-spin', if anyone wants help with that: The no spin zone
    Thanks. i really need it.

I suggest you translate it literally. It may not be immediately comprehensible to readers of the new language, but it's not to English readers, either.
    That's exactly what I am thinking. Maybe i can add comments below body paragraphs.