Lithuanian: pasimokėję, pasimokę

tarinoidenkertoja

Italian
I wrote this :"pašiepsiu jei tu užuot pasimokėjusi tikrini facebook" , a fellow lithuanian corrected it as in "pašiepsiu jei tu užuot pasimokiusi tikrini facebook",
my question is : i usually use lt.wiktionary to check verbs' declination and i thought that "pasimokėjusi" was the correct form for 1st person nominative feminine gender, while i couldn't find anywhere "pasimokiusi" , in addition i've been told that such a word as "pasimokejusi" is surely obsolete (if it exists) and it would sound rather odd/incorrect.What's the truth? My bet is that pasimokiusi is simply the shortened form (and i'd say the commonly used one), am i right?

• NiNulla

Russian - Abroad
    I wrote this :"pašiepsiu jei tu užuot pasimokėjusi tikrini facebook" , a fellow lithuanian corrected it as in "pašiepsiu jei tu užuot pasimokiusi tikrini facebook",
    my question is : i usually use lt.wiktionary to check verbs' declination and i thought that "pasimokėjusi" was the correct form for 1st person nominative feminine gender, while i couldn't find anywhere "pasimokiusi" , in addition i've been told that such a word as "pasimokejusi" is surely obsolete (if it exists) and it would sound rather odd/incorrect.What's the truth? My bet is that pasimokiusi is simply the shortened form (and i'd say the commonly used one), am i right?
    There are two verbs that look very similar:

pasimokyti - pasimoko - pasimokė - to learn (mokytis - mokosi - mokėsi)
    mokėti - moka - mokėjo - 1. to know; 2. to pay (susimokėti - susimoka - susimokėjo)

Reflexive form of mokėti is very common but only when we are talking about paying: susimokėti už kavą; aš jau esu susimokėjusi (Active Participle - Veikiamasis dalyvis).

In your case you've tried to say that she is checking her facebook instead of learning so the right verb for it was pasimokyti and Active Participle should be pasimokęs (masculinum) or pasimokiusi (femininum).

Also I am afraid your friend was right, "pasimokejusi" does not exist, only looks like a very popular "susimokėjusi" (I've paid already).

This is the truth.

LilianaB

Banned
    Lithuanian
    I am not really sure what you meant by all of this, Tarinoidenkertoja, but I agree with NiNulla. Which verbs declensions were you checking? Verbs don't decline: they go through conjugations. Participles do, but I agree that the word pasimokejusi does not exist. It could be some old form, but I doubt it.

< Previous | Next >