living in two countries

weepingwillow29

United States and English
okay so i am writing a message to a friend of mine whom i have a long distance thing going on with and i need help translating this please and thank you!!!!

(name) i really like you and living in two countries with no time to talk doesnt help much. im just curious...you have told me before you liked me as well, however i dont know if you are saying that because im across the world and you can pretty much say anything to me without care or because you mean it. kinda need to know, something-anything. its not going to be easy no way, but i am willing to try if you are to go somewhere with this.

any suggestions???? using tu form is perfect, vous is way too formal for us. thanks so much!!

• Xavier11222

France French
    Welcome weepingwillow29,

The rules of the forum require you to take a shot at translating the text, and to have one specific question per thread (think how easier it makes it for everyone when we use the Wordreference dictionnary).

If you try and translate, we'll be happy to help you with specific questions.

Cath.S.

français de France
    i need help translating this
    Hi, Weepingwillow29,

it looks like what you really mean is "I need you to translate this for me", and that's not what we do here, as Xavier pointed out.
    But if you open new threads and ask specific questions, we'll be glad to help. :)

weepingwillow29

Hi Xavier11222,

I have tried to translate myself and with the little knowledge of French I know- it looks completely wrong and I am embarassed to post it. I am a beginner with the French language and I have such a hard time conjugating and making it still casual. Should I break it up more so it is easier for anyone who would like to help? I honestly do not know where to start and still be correct. I'll just suck it up and post what I have I guess..don't judge me though :/ it's soo wrong.

Xavier11222

France French
    The feeling I have from this forum is that it is full of teachers and professional translators. The translators will be eager to point out how you can improve on a text, but will hate it if it looks like you're trying to make them work for free on the sort of job they pay the rent with. And teachers - they are the people who will never judge you for making a mistake and are very much aware that no one has all the knowledge on anything. So asking is pretty safe. :)

weepingwillow29

Thanks so much for easing the awkwardness haha! I'm trying to post the real problematic areas of my letter now, breaking it down way more. So hopefully I will be able to send the letter by tomorrow!

verbivore

Banned
    USA, English
    You could always hire a professional translator ($20 per page...I don't know the rates). But doesn't he/she understand English (since you don't speak French)? You must communicate somehow. Why go through all the hassle? He/she knows you don't know French, so he/she would know you didn't write it. Best of luck!

< Previous | Next >