location of a building

Rajan123

India, Hindi
Actually I wanted to ask sombody about the locaton of the building.
I was told that From the round about take a right turn. After taking a right turn there is a road. On the left hand side of the road, there is a buiding on the left hand side of the road.

I wanted to ask from that person that after leaving how many building on the left hand side that building will come or how may buildings I have to leave on the left handside of the road to reach in that building. I was unable to ask this info. Can you please tell me how to ask this thing or can you suggest some sentences to ask this info.

Regards
Rajan

• Rajan123

India, Hindi
    languageGuy said:
    How far down the road is the building?

Does this sentence imply that how many buildings I have to leave from the starting of the road to reach at that building.

Can we also write your sentence like this - how far down the left handside of the road is the building. (as the building is on the left handside of the road)

Thanks

Kelly B

Curmodgeratrice
    USA English
    How many buildings are there on the left side of the road before I get to building X?
    How many buildings should I pass on the left before I reach building X?

Sometimes this will give you the answer you want: Which building is it?
    People will usually reply either in the form you want, "the fifth one on the left," or with something else that is useful: "the big red one."

You can add a prompt question, if you have an idea where it might be:
    Which building is it? is it the third one on the left?