lock into phase

lalalla62

italian
Ciao, spero mi possiate aiutare, l'argomento è il ritmo musicale (e non).
La frase: "As a phenomenon of resonance, entrainment implies the tendency of two rhythmic cycles, to lock into phase, to vibrate in sincrony".

"Come in un fenomeno di risonanza, la sincronizzazione implica la tendenza di due cicli ritmici a ...bloccarsi in fase... (?), a vibrare in sintonia".

lock into phase non mi convince... grazie ;))

• Tonza

English - U.S.
    Here "lock" doesn't really mean to stop or get stuck, but to fit precisely together, to line up with each other. So bloccarsi doesn't seem right to me. Maybe something like "allinearsi"? Also, I think "sincrony" is misspelled in the English sentence and should be synchrony. Sintonia refers to pitch and harmony rather than rhythm, so I'm not sure it's the best translation. I think sincronia would be a better fit, meaning that the rhythms occur at the same moment in time.

Finally, "As a phenomenon of resonance..." means that the definition of entrainment that follows is a phenomenon of resonance (to distinguish from other uses, for example "as an atmospheric phenomenon"). So I would take out "in" in the Italian version:

"Come in un fenomeno di risonanza, la sincronizzazione implica la tendenza di due cicli ritmici a..."

< Previous | Next >