Locum / Turkish Delight - Türkischer Honig

valy822

Italy- Italian
guten Abend!!
I am talking about"Locum" whose equivalent in English is "Turkish Delight", but "Turkischer Honig" has the same meaning of these two?or there is another expression to say "Locum"?danke

• valy822

Italy- Italian
    just 2 mistakes
    C'è un'azienda italiana?
    Adesso puoi correggermi!
    but you are a master in the other languages!...and a little master in Italian, ok? :)
    thanks all the same!

gaer

US-English
    valy822 said:
    guten Abend!!
    I am talking about"Locum" whose equivalent in English is "Turkish Delight", but "Turkischer Honig" has the same meaning of these two?or there is another expression to say "Locum"?danke
    I can tell you for a fact that "Turkischer Honig" is used, in a book, as the translation for "Turkish Delight". However, since I've never had Turkish Delight, I don't know if this is accurate. :)

I have never heard of "Locum".

Gaer

lollapalooza

British English
    Hi,
    I would like to know if any of the German speakers here has a translatin for 'Turkish delight' into German? I was thinking of doing something different for the oral presentation of my exam.

Thank you!!!

Moderator note: This was the beginning of a new thread; I've merged it with the existing one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sowka

Forera und Moderatorin
    German, Northern Germany
    Hello lollapalooza :)

Welcome to the German forum!

Do you mean the sweets? These would be "Lokum" in German, according to Wikipedia:
    Lokum [loˈkum] ist eine Süßigkeit auf Basis eines Sirups aus gelierter Stärke und Zucker, oft auch mit Mastix. Es ist weich und klebrig, mit einem transparent-gelblichen Aussehen.
    Oh, after reading further in the Wiki article: The most common name for it is "Türkischer Honig".

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >