Look inside your tiny mind and look a little bit harder

Veraz

Spain Spanish
Hi again!

I go on about the same song, Lilly Allen's song "Fuck you very much".

The song begins like this:

"Look inside, look inside your tiny mind and look a little bit harder".

It seems to me there is some irony in that "and look a little bit harder" as if she was implying that there is precious little in that mind and so the guy will have a hard time finding something there. Is that it or it's just something she but there for the sake of the rhyme?

You can easily find the rest of the lyrics through Google, if necessary.

• cyberpedant

English USA, Northeast, NYC
    I would say that the word "tiny" is actually stating that the guy's mind has little capacity, and that she further impugns him by encouraging him to look harder—as if he hadn't "done his homework."

timpeac

English (England)
    Hi again!

I go on about the same song, Lilly Allen's song "Fuck you very much".

The song begins like this:

"Look inside, look inside your tiny mind and look a little bit harder".

It seems to me there is some irony in that "and look a little bit harder" as if she was implying that there is precious little in that mind and so the guy will have a hard time finding something there. Is that it or it's just something she but there for the sake of the rhyme?

You can easily find the rest of the lyrics through Google, if necessary.
    That would be my assumption yes - I think that this is more a question of literary criticism than language use though as to what exactly she means by that.

timpeac

English (England)
    Thank you and sorry.
    Oh nothing to be sorry about - that wasn't a "modly" comment. I just think that there aren't any hidden language usage meanings here - the sort that are immediately clear to native speakers - I just think that the sense she intends to the wording is a bit obscure.

< Previous | Next >