Look like someone else

adreyer

USA / English
Hello. I am new here. I am attempting to learn how to say some things in Italian in order to communicate with this person I met who speaks no english. I have never had any teaching in this language, so I could use some help. I want to know how to say the following:

You look like ___________.
Could we take your photograph to show to ___________?

Thanks for any help you can give. This person looks like someone very famous here in the states. I'm sure he'll be mobbed one day when someone thinks he is this celebrity. I'm trying to forewarn him haha.

• Silvia

Italian
    In this case you have to say:

Assomigli a (VIP's name)

Assomigli a Clark Gable :D

But if you are addressing him as Mr XXY you will say: Lei assomiglia a (VIP's name)

Possiamo fare una foto da mostrare a (mia sorella)?
    Could we take a pic to show (my sister)?

If that's not what you're looking for, just tell me ;)

carlafed

Italian
    adreyer said:
    Could we take your photograph to show to ___________?

(confidential, with friends ) Ti spiace se ti facciamo una fotografia da mostrare a ... ?
    (formal, with strangers) Le spiace se le facciamo una fotografia da mostrare a ...?
    or
    (confidential, with friends ) Ci permetti di farti una foto da mostrare a ... ?
    (formal, with strangers) Ci permette di farle una fotografia da mostrare a ...?

I understood you want to take a picture of him/her, don't you?
    I think it is better to be very clear on this point. Maybe explain better 'why' you want to take a picture of him/her.

That is my opinion.