"looking for job in (the) retail or (the) hospitality industry" ?

Olec88

Polish / Russian
Good afternoon,

what I'm trying to write in my CV is that I'm looking for job in either of those sectors, but can't decide whether the articles are needed.
can you please help me out with this ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And on a completely unrelated topic, as long as it's not breaking the forum's rules, can you please tell me whether I should put "I deliver my job" or "I accomplish my work" ?

Many thanks ! :)

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    The first "the" is required; the second "the" is optional, but preferable.
    And on a completely unrelated topic, as long as it's not breaking the forum's rules, can you please tell me whether I should put "I deliver my job" or "I accomplish my work" ?
    New question = new post. :thumbsup::)

Truffula

English - USA
    As job advice rather than language advice, I suggest you put one or the other on the CV depending on which industry the employer you're applying to is. They really prefer you to want to work in their sector.

As language advice, using "the" works fine.

The following are correct alternative wordings:

"I am looking for a job in retail or in the hospitality industry."

"I am looking for a job in either the retail or the hospitality industry."

These links both use "in the (category) industry" so they serve as examples - the first is in the UK which I guess you are given your use of "CV" rather than "resume"

Jobs in the retail industry | reed.co.uk "Here are some careers to consider in the retail industry and some of our top tips to help you get there."

Hospitality Careers - Career Path Information | Monster.com "Salaries in the hospitality industry are fairly good, right in the neighborhood of the upper $40,000 range."

< Previous | Next >