Looking forward for tomorrow?

< Previous | Next >

Enlasarenas

Spain, Spanish-Galician
Just a quick question for those who may have mercy on a Spaniard who has just arrived in the UK...:) :

Would it be correct to say "Looking forward for tomorrow, (Signature)" as a closing line in a short-reply e-mail?
I've got the feeling that the use of the prepostion "for" instead of "to" (which is the normal thing with a following verb in gerund) is not totally wrong here...Am I right?

Thanks much!!
Arenas

P.D. Pleeeeeeeease! help me get to my first milestone of 100 posts!!!;)

• foxfirebrand

Southern AE greatly modified by a 1st-generation Scottish-American mother, and growing up abroad.
    I would say "looking forward to tomorrow" is the way to say it. I wouldn't say "till tomorrow" was wrong, but for me it only works as a free-standing expression. "For tomorrow" sounds so wrong to me I have to say it just plain is wrong.

Now you're a quibble or a follow-up question away from your 100th post!

Helicopta

England - English (Learning Spanish)
    "looking forward to tomorrow" (Just confirming that there is no AE/BE difference with this)

By the way Arenas, welcome to the UK! I hope you enjoy yourself here!

Enlasarenas

Spain, Spanish-Galician
    Pheeeew!! I'm glad I finally didn't follow my intuition with this and finished the e-mail with "Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!!":)

Thank you so much once again for your input and for using this forum as a way to help last-minute desperate people like me!!!

By the way, I'm enjoying myself a lot in Manchester.
    What an astonishingly beautiful university...:eek:

Un abrazo a tod@s!!
    Arenas

< Previous | Next >