Lose oneself - I’m in danger of losing myself

felixgata

España Castellano
Hola, foreros,
He consultado los hilos sobre "lose oneself" y las definiciones de varios diccionarios, pero no termino de entender el matiz en la frase siguiente:

When I feel so overwhelmed that I’m in danger of losing myself, I take time to write down everything that’s weighing on me.

Mi intento:
Cuando me siento tan superada que corro el peligro de perderme/perder la cabeza/perder los nervios/, me tomo tiempo para poner por escrito todo lo que me agobia.

No me convence ninguna versión...

Muchas gracias por adelantado,

Gata

• Mr.Dent

English - all over the USA
    It really depends on the context. For example, in some instances to lose oneself means to go astray -- ir por mal camino. In other instances it might mean to lose control -- desmoronarse. Please provide more context.

felixgata

España Castellano
    My apologies, Mr.Dent. You are totally right. I should have provided more context :thank you: .
    The book is by Marie Kondo and is about tiding. She has a whole method that consist of letting go of everything that does not inspire joy.

The previous paragraph says:

If you find you’ve run out of time or emotional space, I recommend letting go of something. The trick is to decide what your bottom line is on any given day. In my case, it’s that my children are healthy and happy and that I don’t get worn out. If the toys are scattered about but I’m too tired to deal with them right then, I remind myself that it’s okay to go to bed without putting them away. Conversely, if the mess has gone on so long it’s starting to bother me, I rearrange my schedule and set aside a day to put things back in order.

When I feel so overwhelmed that I’m in danger of losing myself, I take time to write down everything that’s weighing on me.

I think that "desmoronarse" is perfect.

Thanks a lot!

Gata