lose touch

< Previous | Next >

Stephen Schmidt

Arabic
I will tell you honestly that being a part of this story has affected me deep inside,
in places I had never been before and didn't even know existed; I confess to you that I desperately
want everything Mack has told me to be true. Most days I am right there with him, but on others--
when the visible world of concrete and computers seems to be the real world--I lose touch and have my doubts.
Hello everyone.
How do we translate the bold phrase into Arabic in this context?
Thanks in advance.

• elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    I think we need more context.

being a part of this story - What story? In what way has the speaker been a "part of" this story?
    Most days I am right there with him - In what sense?
    when the visible world of concrete and computers seems to be the real world - Why does contrast with being "right there with him"?
    lose touch - with whom or what?

Stephen Schmidt

Arabic
    Hi elroy.
    It's a story that Willie, a friend of Mack, wrote on behalf of him about his life before, during, and after the Great Sadness which later turned out to be the abduction of his youngest daughter and her killing. Some of the story might be unreal or imaginary which is on the contrary to the realistic world. Most of the time Wellie stayed with Mack and on the other times he feared to lose touch of Mack's world and started to have doubts.
    That's what I could understand from these lines so far. I hope that helps.

Stephen Schmidt

Arabic
    That's where I got to: (How is it?)
    وأعترف بأنني أود بشدة أن يتحقق كل ما أخبرني إياه ماك. في معظم الأيام
    أكون هناك معه، لكن في الأيام الأخرى—عندما يكون العالم الذي نراه هو العالم الحقيقي—أنفصل عن عالم ماك وتراودني الشكوك.

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    وأعترف بأنني أود بشدة أن يكون كل ما أخبرني إياه ماك هو الحقيقة. في معظم الأيام
    أكون متّصلاً تمامًا بعالم ماك، لكن في الأيام الأخرى—عندما يبدو أن العالم الذي نراه، أي عالم الباطون والكومبيوتر، هو العالم الحقيقي—أنفصل عن عالم ماك وتراودني الشكوك.

< Previous | Next >