lots / numerous stores

MJA

French
Hi,

I'd like to know if it's correct to say "with their lots of stores" or should I rather say "with their numerous stores".

• MJA

French
    O.K Let's say "with their lots of stores, you can find everything you need" or "these malls is popular with their lots of stores". I know the context is a bit weird, but what I mean is that there are many stores in this place.

Thanks!

Suspishio

English - England
    Even without the context, I can see that "numerous" makes up the correct construct. I can see why bibliolept wants to see context - a question of making sure. But what I've offered is a sound bet.

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    O.K Let's say "with their lots of stores, you can find everything you need" or "these malls is popular with their lots of stores". I know the context is a bit weird, but what I mean is that there are many stores in this place.

Thanks!
    There is the clue :)
    Try writing the examples using many.

mancunienne girl

English - England

Thanks!
    You wouldn't say "lots of" in this context but rather..
    "With their many stores" ..... "these malls ARE popular"
    However, as a native English speaker from England, I wouldn't use "stores" but "shops." Nor would I use "malls." In the UK we say "shopping centres.":)

< Previous | Next >