Love letter for my brazilian boyfriend.

chaibabe

USA English
Help Help Help!!:)
Hello, so I am dating a fantastic Brazilian and I wanted to write him a love letter for our seven month anniversary and although I know it may be annoying i was wondering if anyone who wanted to help a young girl in love could translate it for me form English in to Portuguese. Although i am trying to learn Portuguese i am still not that fantastic. Thank you so much!

Meu Namorado querido,
I may not have much to give but what I have is my heart and that is yours. The moment I saw you I was immediately drawn to you and since than my life has only become more beautiful. You have stolen my thoughts and filled my mind with nothing but dreams of us together conquering the world. I have fallen desperately in love with you and even as write this my heart begins to speed. I love the way you look at me. I love feel of your hands wrapped around me, making me forget about everything else that surrounds us. I may not understand this thing called love but i know that what i feel and that is that I do not want any other more than i want you. You leave me breathless when you kiss me. When you touch me shivers run through my body. All i desire is to be with you. Walking on beach, sitting at cafe, doing laundry, listening to music, watching you watch me and turning all the otherwise dull situations into moments of joy and love. We may come from completely different cultures but i know that it is not just coincidence that we met here in Israel. I am in love with you and I can not imagine how i lived without you before. I need you in my life. I want you desperately. I love you madly. Yours,

• arbilab

US english
    Chai, there is no better exercise for learning language than trying to express simple yet heartfelt concepts to a person who will know what you mean even if you butcher the grammar and construction. It will take you all afternoon, but I suggest you do it yourself.

Then just put at the bottom, "Por favor a perdoar minhas erros de gram'atica."

Denis555

Brazilian Portuguese
    Here it goes:

Meu Namorado querido,

I may not have much to give but what I have is my heart and that is yours.
    (=Eu posso não ter muito para dar mas o que eu tenho é o meu coração e ele é seu.)

The moment I saw you I was immediately drawn to you and since then my life has only become more beautiful.
    (=Desde o momento que eu te vi eu fui imediatamente atraída por você e desde então minha vida se tornou apenas mais bonita.)

You have stolen my thoughts and filled my mind with nothing but dreams of us together conquering the world.
    (=Você roubou os meus pensamentos e preencheu a minha mente só com sonhos da gente juntos conquistando o mundo.)

I have fallen desperately in love with you and even as I write this my heart begins to speed.
    (=Eu estou perdidamente apaixonada por você e mesmo agora quando eu escrevo isso o meu coração começa a disparar.)

I love the way you look at me. I love feel of your hands wrapped around me, making me forget about everything else that surrounds us.
    (=Eu adoro o jeito que você me olha. Eu adoro sentir as suas mãos me envolvendo, me fazendo esquecer de tudo mais ao nosso redor.)

I may not understand this thing called love but i know that what i feel and that is that I do not want any other more than i want you.
    (=Eu possa até não entender essa coisa chamada amor mas eu sei que o que eu sinto e sei que eu não quero nenhuma outra pessoa mais do que eu quero você.)

You leave me breathless when you kiss me. When you touch me shivers run through my body. All i desire is to be with you.
    (=Você me deixa sem ar quando me beija, quando você me toca um arrepio corre pelo meu corpo. Tudo que desejo é estar com você.)

Walking on beach, sitting at cafe, doing laundry, listening to music, watching you watch me and turning all the otherwise dull situations into moments of joy and love.
    (=Caminhar pela praia, sentar num barzinho, lavar a roupa, escutar música, observar você me observando e mudando tudo que de outra forma seriam situações chatas em momentos de alegria e amor.)

We may come from completely different cultures but i know that it is not just coincidence that we met here in Israel.
    (=Nós podemos ser de duas culturas completamente diferentes mas eu sei que não é apenas coincidência que nós nos encontramos aqui em Israel.)

I am in love with you and I can not imagine how i lived without you before. I need you in my life. I want you desperately. I love you madly. Yours,
    (=Eu estou apaixonada por você e não posso nem imaginar como era possível a minha vida antes de você. Eu preciso de você na minha vida. Eu te quero desesperadamente. Te amo loucamente. A sua [your name],)

arbilab

US english
    Nice work, Denis. 'Course now the BF is going to think the GF has really been working on her P'ese, when in fact she has not.

Ah well, image is the nature of courtship, much more so than substance, eh?

Macunaíma

português, Brasil
    I'm with arbilab here. Chaibabe, I'm sure your boyfriend will be delighted to get an e-mail from you despite the odd grammar mistake you ocassionally make. Communication is more than just grammar, and that is especially true of communication between two lovers. Don't be afraid to give it a try, he'll not laugh at you, he'll not think less of you because of a mispelled word or a misused subjunctive. If you are not feeling confident enough, you can show us what you've come up with and we can help you with your specific doubts before you send it. :)

Macunaíma

chaibabe

USA English
    thank you so much everyone for all your help...
    i was not trying to make him think than i am better than i am i just thought he would appreciate it because it is in his mother tongue. thank you everyone so much i can not wait to give it to him. you are all fabulous

arbilab

US english
    Well, you did go to the trouble of researching it here. Best fortune.

You can get your language exercise translating his reply once he realizes you speak fluent P'ese. ;)

angelicface

english/spanish /tagalog
    Dear just do it yourself. If I happen to be your boyfriend I woudn't be happy reading a letter coming from my girlfriend knowing that she didn't make it herself instead she needed help from somebody.
    I am a filipina and I speak tagalog and if ever I happen to have
    a Brazillian boyfriend who will write me a letter in tagalog I dont think I will mind the grammar or whatsover. After all its not his mother tongue.
    The thought that he tried so hard to do it himself is more than enough to let me know that he loves me.
    Well may you have a bright future ahead of and your Brazillian boyfriend.

Bastoune

French & English - Canada
    Chai, there is no better exercise for learning language than trying to express simple yet heartfelt concepts to a person who will know what you mean even if you butcher the grammar and construction. It will take you all afternoon, but I suggest you do it yourself.

Then just put at the bottom, "Por favor a perdoar minhas erros de gram'atica."
    Actually, that grammatical structure you wrote is more Portuguese from Portugal. In Brazil one would say, "Por favor, perdoe meus erros de gramática." ("Erros" is masculine.)

The other way would be understood by a Brazilian but no one uses such a construction.

arbilab

US english
    Thanks, Bastoune. I was pretty sure the structure was wrong--verb, pronoun--but wrote it as an example of flawed construction which could still be understood. (Flawed construction is the only kind I can write at this time.)

< Previous | Next >