lower portion/share/proportion of raspberries

zuzushka8

Slovak
Hello everyone, I am working on a project that studied the quality of food in a grocery store. I have to express that some products didn't have expected quality. There was a cake that contained fewer raspberries than it should. I want to write that the cake had lower (smaller?) proportion/portion/share of raspberries as it should. Please, what is the best expression to use? Thank you very much.

• owlman5

English-US
    Hello, Zuzushka. You could certainly use words like "proportion" or "share" in your statement. I really like the sentence you've already written, however. It does a fine job of saying what you're trying to express: There was a cake that contained fewer raspberries than it should (have).

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Hello everyone, I am working on a project that studied the quality of food in a grocery store. I have to express that some products didn't have expected quality. There was a cake that contained fewer raspberries than it should. I want to write that the cake had lower (smaller?) proportion/portion/share of raspberries as than it should. Please, what is the best expression to use? Thank you very much.
    If I recall correctly, you're looking for brief phrases to use in your report, which is in chart form. How about: Deficient in fruit content.

< Previous | Next >