Lower your inhibitions

< Previous | Next >

MabX

English,Spanish, USA
How do you translate this phrase "to lower your inhibitions"

For example in this context: Nowadays youth drink alcohol at parties or other social events to lower their inhibitions.

• Dimcl

Canadian English
    How do you translate this phrase "to lower your inhibitions"

For example in this context: Nowadays youth drink alcohol at parties or other social events to lower their inhibitions.
    Well, since "inhibitions" are something that restrains you from doing certain things, alcohol will "lower" those inhibitions. In other words, your level of inhibition is reduced so that things you would normally be inhibited about doing (running around nude, for instance) become of less concern to you.

MabX

English,Spanish, USA
    Thank you, I know what it means. I was looking for a translation. This came up and I was trying to interpret this to a Spanish-speaking person. I explained what it is but I was wondering if there is a way of saying it in Spanish, please :)

Dimcl

Canadian English
    Thank you, I know what it means. I was looking for a translation. This came up and I was trying to interpret this to a Spanish-speaking person. I explained what it is but I was wondering if there is a way of saying it in Spanish, please :)
    Since this is the English Only forum, we assumed that you were asking the meaning of the phrase, MabX. Sorry about that.

< Previous | Next >