lukewarm response

powerhousebridge

Malayalam
situation.......Inspite of repeated communication no response has been received from sub office . Due to this the entire project is affected. Can I send a letter to sub office as a superior officer in the following way.
You are reminded that the lukewarm response on the matter may adversely affect the entire project.

• Thomas Tompion

English - England
    situation.......Inspite of repeated communication no response has been received from sub office . Due to this the entire project is affected. Can I send a letter to sub office as a superior officer in the following way.
    You are reminded that the lukewarm response on the matter may adversely affect the entire project.
    I think it's very hard for us to comment on this without knowing more about the tone which you wish to strike.

I'm confident that the lukewarm response should be a lukewarm response, or, if you wish to be clear that you are referring to their previous behaviour, your lukewarm response.

boozer

Bulgarian
    Just a small thing. A 'lukewarm response' presupposes the existence of some kind of response, not a complete absence thereof. :) It may be a cool, unwilling, reserved, reluctant, etc. acceptance or non-acceptance. But the response it there. In post 1 Powerhouse says that there has been no response whatsoever, so I wonder if this could pass as 'lukewarm response'...

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    I would probably say something like "... your failure to respond ...", but that may be too direct in powerhousebridge's context or culture. The understated 'lukewarm response' may be appropriate even in the absence of any response.

< Previous | Next >