Lunge from side to side

Sandokai

Spanish
I don´t know how to translate "lunge from side to side" in this sentence:

Drop your torso in a forward bend and swing your spine sideways. Let your head hang down. Lunge from side to side leading the movement from your hips.

I tend to think it´s another way of saying "swing your spine sideways", maybe "muévete rápidamente de lado a lado"?

Any suggestion?

• rachak

Spanish - Cuba
    I think in Cuba that would mean "menéate de lado a lado"
    "menéate" is similar to "Shake it" or "Move it"

Drop your torso in a forward bend and swing your spine sideways. Let your head hang down. Lunge from side to side leading the movement from your hips.

I tend to think it´s another way of saying "swing your spine sideways", maybe "muévete rápidamente de lado a lado"?

Any suggestion?

dauda98

United States

Any suggestion?
    This is a common relaxation exercise. Another way people say it is: "rocking" [your body] side to side. I hope that helps.

gengo

American English

I think the first part, with "swing," is a gentle movement from side to side, while the second part, with "lunge," is more energetic. But I agree that the two movements are probably very similar otherwise.

I'll let you natives decide what sounds best in Spanish.

< Previous | Next >