lush, galore, whopping

• Packard

USA, English
    None of the options sound like one I would use in American English. Where did you find this quiz?

heypresto

English - England
    Fifteen or so years ago I heard young girls frequently use the word 'lush' but I think it was usually used to describe boys they thought were, well, luscious. I'm not sure if it is still in use. They might have used it to describe food as well. Who knows?

The other two options definitely don't work.

lingobingo

English - England
    I think it also takes more than one dish to justify the use of regale, which heavily implies lots of something.

Packard

USA, English
    I think it also takes more than one dish to justify the use of regale, which heavily implies lots of something.
    Interestingly I have only ever used or heard used definition #2 below. Definition #1 seems alien to me.

Definition of regale
    (Entry 1 of 2)

transitive verb

1: to entertain sumptuously : feast with delicacies

2 : to give pleasure or amusement to
    regaled us with tall tales

Definition of REGALE

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Let's focus on the topic question, which was about a suitable adjective to describe food.

We need more information to answer this question. Are you thinking of a single special dish, YourWorldIsNotReal? What makes it special? Is it very fancy, or especially tasty, or made of expensive ingredients? Or something else?

(You can start another thread to discuss which verb to use, if you wish, once this question has been answered.)

Packard

USA, English
    You mean a lush dish means it's only one plate?
    Maybe this version is better?
    It's Manfredo's birthday today, therefore he has regaled his friends with several lush delicacies.
    What exactly do you believe that "lush" means? The usage you are showing is very atypical. Perhaps we can advise you on the meaning once we understand what you believe "lush" means.

Loob

English UK
    Could you also answer Cagey's questions in post 9, please, YourWorldIsNotReal?

< Previous | Next >