Luxury / High-end items

claudio_wr

Italy Italian
Context: when talking about goods targeting consumers who are looking for exclusive, high-quality (maybe even expensive, but not necessarily) products in areas such as fashion and home decor.

I'm considering one of the followings:

1. Luxury goods/products/items
2. High-end goods/products/items

If
1. and 2. are not correct, what do you suggest?

Thanks in advance

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    If you really mean "when talking about," that is, you're having a conversation with friends, "high-end" is better. It's less formal.

If you're trying to sell them, "luxury" sounds fancier.

In other words: as is so often the case, everything depends on the context! What's yours?

Copyright

American English
    Luxury goods is fine and generally accepted. As for possible variants, I'm afraid we don't make lists on the forum. It should be easy enough to search for high-end, luxury brands on the Internet and see what they have to say about themselves.

You might also like to look at the Wikpedia entry for Luxury good.

Last edited:

perpend

Banned
    American English
    I agree with all that was said thus far. Out of curiosity, what types of items are they? That may make a difference in your selling approach.

claudio_wr

Italy Italian
    I agree with all that was said thus far. Out of curiosity, what types of items are they? That may make a difference in your selling approach.
    clothing and fashion accessories (leather acc., shoes, gloves etc...), jewelry, furniture and home decor items.
    Sometimes, even food.

Thanks

< Previous | Next >