lying about non-existent lovers

goldencypress

India - Malayalam
Is there a word for a woman who lies to her lover she has many men after her so as to enhance her appeal to him?

Like a real estate agent telling a prospect that some customers have shown great interest in buying the property, and, therefore, s/he must make a decision quickly.

Thank you for your help.

• ewie

English English
    Those strike me as very different things, GC, so I'll just answer the first one
    Is there a word for a woman who lies to her lover she has many men after her so as to enhance her appeal to him?
    :eek:In the English-speaking world a woman who did that would merely appear a bit deranged, I think. I'm fairly sure it wouldn't enhance her appeal.
    If a woman is attractive and boasts about the number of her admirers, she's just vain.
    If a woman isn't attractive and does so, she appears deluded/mendacious ... and vain.

goldencypress

India - Malayalam
    Those strike me as very different things, GC, so I'll just answer the first one

:eek:In the English-speaking world a woman who did that would merely appear a bit deranged, I think. I'm fairly sure it wouldn't enhance her appeal.
    If a woman is attractive and boasts about the number of her admirers, she's just vain.
    If a woman isn't attractive and does so, she appears deluded/mendacious ... and vain.
    Thank you , ewie.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    A fantasist:
    From Google:
    fantasist
    /ˈfantəsɪst/
    noun
    1. a person who imagines or dreams about something desired.
      "a serial liar and fantasist who had boasted of many affairs"

Like a real estate agent telling a prospect that some customers have shown great interest in buying the property, and, therefore, s/he must make a decision quickly.

Thank you for your help.
    A liar or a con-man.
    The situation of the woman and the estate agent is not the same thing.

goldencypress

India - Malayalam
    I agree that any woman, attractive or not, who lies about the number of lovers she has had is quite simply a vain liar (or is very insecure). The same goes for men, too.;)
    Thank you, lc

A fantasist:
    From Google:
    fantasist
    /ˈfantəsɪst/
    noun
    1. a person who imagines or dreams about something desired.
      "a serial liar and fantasist who had boasted of many affairs"

A liar or a con-man.
    The situation of the woman and the estate agent is not the same thing.
    Thank you, PQ

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >