même diversement considéré

american in paris

english, french
Hello,
I just want to make sure that I have translated this sentence correctly, especially the middle part..

the original:
Le Partenariat oriental, même diversement considéré, reste pour ces pays un champ d’action privilégié dans les politiques de l’UE.

my translation:
The Eastern Partnership, though there are different opinions about it, maintains an important place within EU policy.

thanks!!

• All in One

Banned
    franco-français
    Your translation translates back as bien que diversement considéré, which isn't exactly the same thing as même... The catch is I don't see what considéré could mean here.

Michelvar

Quasimodo
    French / France
    Your translation translates back as bien que diversement considéré, which isn't exactly the same thing as même... The catch is I don't see what considéré could mean here.
    In fact European countries have quite a problem with Eastern Partnership. On one hand, they see Eastern countries as a great potential market, one the other hand they also see them as tough competitors, and also a danger for culture and life style. Here, "diversement considéré" means that they have diverse opinions about it.,

< Previous | Next >