< Previous | Next >

mycityofsky

Mandarin
It's from the lyric of The One That Got Away

Summer after high school when we first met
We make out in your Mustang to Radiohead
And on my 18th Birthday
We got matching tattoos

I know Mustang is referred to a small wild horse in North America, and Radiohead is referred to an English rock group. But what's the meaning of "make out" and "to" in the second sentence?

Thanks in advance. :)

• Copyright

American English
    To make out is to kiss and fondle each other -- perhaps going all the way to intercourse, if Merriam-Webster is to be believed, although M-W might have excluded Mustangs.

The Mustang is a famous American car. And "to Radiohead" means "to the accompaniment of Radiohead (probably on the radio).

mycityofsky

Mandarin
    To make out is to kiss and fondle each other -- perhaps going all the way to intercourse, if Merriam-Webster is to be believed, although M-W might have excluded Mustangs.

The Mustang is a famous American car. And "to Radiohead" means "to the accompaniment of Radiohead (probably on the radio).
    Oh, Happy to see you again, Copyright. :) I speculated make out might mean make love, but I misinterpreted Mustang as a horse, so everything is weird to me. But in a car, it makes sense. The interpretation of "to Radiohead" also helps to me. Thank you very much.

< Previous | Next >