magic lights


Greece, Greek
How would you describe in informal language the sort of glittering / wavering / hovering / sparkling lights (usually with a faint aura or mist around them) one sees in cartoon-ish depictions of magic in fairy tales? (e.g. around magic items or around a magic wand). I am referring to the permanent glow of magic lights around, say, magic beans or magic harps and not to the more violent blast-like effects. I am particularly looking for describing these lights as a noun (collective or not). For instance, I am currently using "this is the magic" in response to my 3 y.o. son's question "what is that?" but I was looking for something more descriptive.
  • Top