Magsalita ng Tapos

AskLang

Filipino
Can you find me a good translation of this popular tagalog phrase - in English?

Magsalita ng tapos.

as in, Ayaw kong magsalita ng tapos.

Salamat po. :)

• DotterKat

English (American)
    "Ayaw kong magsalita ng tapos."

I don't want to have the final word.
    I don't want to have the final say.
    I want to keep things open between us.
    I want to keep the lines of communication open between us.
    I want us to keep talking.

Depending on the situation and the exact context, you could even alter the idiom about burning bridges and say:

I don't like burning bridges behind me.

AskLang

Filipino
    "Ayaw kong magsalita ng tapos."

I don't want to have the final word.
    I don't want to have the final say.
    I want to keep things open between us.
    I want to keep the lines of communication open between us.
    I want us to keep talking.

Depending on the situation and the exact context, you could even alter the idiom about burning bridges and say:

I don't like burning bridges behind me.

I am uncertain, but your first two examples sounds like the idiom I am looking for. If you at least grew up in the Philippines and have spoken Tagalog as a household language, you would understand the sense I am referring to. I mean, 'magsalita ng tapos' is not referring to any relationship between two people but rather, it is something someone says about matters or events.

Ex.
    Hindi muna ako mag-eenroll this semester. Pero ayaw kong magsalita ng tapos dahil baka dumating ang perang pang-enroll ko.

So, do you think these two would fit in this context?
    Thanks! :)

DotterKat

English (American)
    Context always helps! For a text like "Hindi muna ako mag-eenroll this semester. Pero ayaw kong magsalita ng tapos dahil baka dumating ang perang pang-enroll ko."

What you want to say is:

I want to keep / leave my options open.
    I will never say never.
    I won't make a final decision on this matter until I get more information / pending more information.

Examples:

I won't be enrolling this semester, but I will keep / leave my options open as some money may be coming my way.
    I won't be enrolling this semester, but I will never say never. There is still a chance that some money may be forthcoming.
    I won't be enrolling this semester, but I won't make a final decision on it for now as it is still possible that some money may be sent to me in the foreseeable future.