make bullshit

Masha*

Russia: Russian
Hi!
Could you please explain what actually means "to make someone bullshit" :rolleyes::

"Six monthe ago, this entire suckfest scenario would have made him bullshit. Everything sucked."

Thank you in advance

• Dimcl

Canadian English
    Hi!
    Could you please explain what actually means "to make someone bullshit" :rolleyes::

"Six monthe ago, this entire suckfest scenario would have made him bullshit. Everything sucked."

Thank you in advance
    This sentence makes no sense to me at all. It (might) make sense if the word were simply "shit", rather than "bullshit". A human being does not shit bullshit.:eek:

Masha*

This sentence makes no sense to me at all. It (might) make sense if the word were simply "shit", rather than "bullshit". A human being does not shit bullshit.:eek:
    Woe is me! :( To you, a native speaker, I desperately call for help!!!
    Could you please suggest something if I give a broader context!I need to translate this stuff:

"Six months ago, this entire suckfest scenario would have made him billshit. Everything sucked. This car sucked, the fact that he had to come all this way for something that should have cost the price of a first-class postage stamp sucked, and knowing that his baby daughter was going to look at his as if he were some stranger really sucked."

swift_precision

US/English
    Woe is me! :( To you, a native speaker, I desperately call for help!!!
    Could you please suggest something if I give a broader context!I need to translate this stuff:

"Six months ago, this entire suckfest scenario would have made him billshit. Everything sucked. This car sucked, the fact that he had to come all this way for something that should have cost the price of a first-class postage stamp sucked, and knowing that his baby daughter was going to look at his as if he were some stranger really sucked."
    It still doesn't make sense. The only thing that I can think of based on what you've written would be: "six months ago, this entire suckfest scenario would have been bullshit" It does not make sense to say "would have made him bullshit. "would have made him shit" makes sense but not "bullshit" in this context.

mjscott

American English
    I agree with swift precision. If it was something that was really not what he had in mind--especially if he was responsible for the whole affair, it might have even made him s*** bricks! To bullshit or to shoot the bull is a verb that is used when someone is just making stuff up--talking for talking's sake--making up stories that make the person speaking out to be the "hero" or "good guy" in the story.

Masha*

It still doesn't make sense. The only thing that I can think of based on what you've written would be: "six months ago, this entire suckfest scenario would have been bullshit" It does not make sense to say "would have made him bullshit. "would have made him shit" makes sense but not "bullshit" in this context.
    And what would that mean? I.e. "would have made him shit" in this context?

Mr_Antares

US English
    "would have made him bullshit" in this context means "would have made him extremely angry" (because "everything sucked")

You cannot say "shit" here, it must be "bullshit".

This seems to be an American idiom, I've never heard it in British usage.

swift_precision

US/English
    "would have made him bullshit" in this context means "would have made him extremely angry" (because "everything sucked")

You cannot say "shit" here, it must be "bullshit".

This seems to be an American idiom, I've never heard it in British usage.
    So bullshit in the above context means to "make extremely angry"?? I've never heard that before at all. I've heard bullshit used in the sense of someone being lackadaisical about something---not putting in enough effort. For example, "I just bullshitted that paper." or "I've just been bullshitting the whole time." But used the context you refer to I've never heard of before. Intriguing...

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    The best guess I can offer is that this is an extremely colloquial, rapidly and sloppily written piece that meant to say, "...would have made him ripshit", with the final word meaning very angry. As presented, it is not familiar in AE, colloquial or otherwise.

Mr_Antares

US English
    The best guess I can offer is that this is an extremely colloquial, rapidly and sloppily written piece that meant to say, "...would have made him ripshit", with the final word meaning very angry. As presented, it is not familiar in AE, colloquial or otherwise.
    I agree with this analysis. I've heard "ripshit" and "bullshit" for used in this context. It is very colloquial in AE. Of course, there are many other usages (and meanings) for "bullshit", and one must take care not to use it incorrectly.

< Previous | Next >