make honesty more palatable?

ddubug

Korean
Hi,

<I've committed myself to extreme honesty. Inresponse, my wife has come up with a way to make my honesty more palatable. She's started to ask me "What are you thinkng about?">

I've looked up dictionary.

palabable=acceptable

come up with a way to make my honesty more acceptable?

What does this mean?

• skarphéðinn

IE
    well, sometimes being honest also means being brutal about something that one would normally prefer to be dealt with in a more... subtle way. Maybe with a white lie, even! So his wife tries to make his honesty more palatable (to herself? to third parties?) by sounding him out first... to make sure that he doesn't blurt out truths that are difficult to accept (that's why he talks about acceptable, or 'palatable').

this is w/o knowing the context, mind you.
    best,
    skph

ddubug

Korean
    skarpheinn....Sorry...I can't understand what you're saying....too difficult to me.

Ok...

Sometimes being honest is brutal. Because other could get hurt by the truth.
    So we need to say white like. So his wife tries to do...to make sure that her
    husband doesn't say truths that are hard to accept....So, ask this...
    "What are you thinking about?"

I don't know this....

skarphéðinn

IE
    sorry about the language. Yes, you did understand what I meant. The truth is brutal, sometimes, so she tries to check what he is thinking before she asks openly about something.

It is difficult to understand the context exactly without more information about the origin of the text you put there.

hope this helps,
    skph

< Previous | Next >