make up for the quiz he missed last Monday

< Previous | Next >

stephenlearner

Chinese
Hi,

Peter failed in his final math test last semester. In the beginning of this semester, He has a chance to make up for the test. He can take a test. If he passes the test this time, the school will change the result of his final math test last semester from "failure" to "pass".

Can I say "He has a chance to make up for the final math test he failed last semester"?

John missed the English quiz last Monday, because he was sick that day. Today he can take a quiz for the quiz he missed last Monday. If he can pass the quiz, his teacher would consider him as passing the quiz for last Monday.

Can I say "He can make up for the quiz he missed last Monday"?

Is it the normal way to express this idea?

Thank you very much.

• MrMuselk

English - South East England
    1) This sentence sounds too long for me; I think that by saying he’ll be making up for a test is enough to show that he failed it last time: “He has a chance to make up for his last maths test.” or “He has a chance to make up for the last maths test he did”
    2) I think this one is okay.
    I would like to say these sentences don’t sound very natural to me, and if they are, I don’t know them because I didn’t have any reason to use them :D .

< Previous | Next >