make-up test, resit, deferred test?

< Previous | Next >


New Member
Hi there

I'm looking for the word used for a test or exam done on a later date, because you were absent due to illness. So not because you failed your first test (which is called a resit exam in the UK, if I'm not mistaken). I have read some threads here on the forum and make-up test is apparently American English. A colleague of mine uses 'catch-up test', but would a native British speaker use this?
Thanks in advance.
  • < Previous | Next >