Mandar cojones

Perrito

Estats Units, anglès
Hoy mi madre anfitriona hablaba de algo muy fuerte y algo que no le gustó, y usó la expresión: manda cojones. No sé que quiere decir pero me imagino que no es bueno. It sends balls, pero no tiene sentido, alguien me podría ayudar? :D

Gracias,
Greg

• jsvillar

Spanish - Spain
    The president of the parliament was reading the title of a law: ‘Now we should vote for proposal ……, amended by ……, regarding …… with transactional amends ..……….’. It took him a long time just to read all that, and at the end it was really hard to understand what they were going to vote. Forgetting to switch off the micro, he said to another guy: ‘¡Manda huevos!’

Hausa

Spanish - Spain
    Yes, sort of surprise.

Another example:

A guy who gets hit by a car and get a broken leg, while staying at hospital receives a notification from court because the driver is sueing him in order to cover the car damages. In this case the broken-legged guy would probably say "¡¡Manda huevos/cojones!!" (like saying, "I can't believe it", "oh, my God", or "this is too much").

P.D. I think I have mispelled the word "sueing"... :( Correct me, please!

lorca512

English- US
    I was thinking that 'for fuck's sake' or 'Jesus Christ' could be good translations. Let me know what you guys think.

jasminasul

Spanish Andalusia
    Well you say manda huevo/cojones when you are outraged about something, when somebody is being lazy, cheeky, when they´ve stolen something from you or taken advantage of you, etc.

BrooklynBoy

English - Nueva York
    Yes, sort of surprise.

Another example:

A guy who gets hit by a car and gets a broken leg, while staying at hospital receives a notification from court because the driver is sueing him in order to cover the car damages. In this case the broken-legged guy would probably say "¡¡Manda huevos/cojones!!" (like saying, "I can't believe it", "oh, my God", or "this is too much").

P.D. I think I have mispelled the word "sueing"... :( Correct me, please!

Tienes razón que no tienes razón.;) Debe ser "suing".

mt2sea

US English
    Hey. I'm an American living in Spain and I also had a hard time understanding this phrase. After hearing it used quite often by my Spanish friends I have decided that the closest thing to it in (U.S.) English is "Fuckin' A". It appears to convey the same sense of anger, disbelief, surprise, and irritation. Of course, they're both colloquial expressions so there will never be an exact correlation. Just my two cents. Un saludo.

dilema

Spain-spanish
    Hoy mi madre anfitriona hablaba de algo muy fuerte y algo que no le gustó, y usó la expresión: manda cojones. No sé que quiere decir pero me imagino que no es bueno. It sends balls, pero no tiene sentido, alguien me podría ayudar? :D

Gracias,
    Greg
    En el contexto que has dado, esa expresión probablemente es sinónima de ¡es el colmo!/¡esto ya es el colmo! (que WR traduce como "this is the last straw") o ¡hay que fastidiarse! (that's great, ironical, obviously).

En el ejemplo que ha dado jsvillar, viene a ser más bien ¡hay que ver!/¡qué barbaridad! (good heavens).