(man's best friend) tired

tonko

Italian
Hello, just a quick and simple question.

If I would say, or answer to the question how are you?
man's best friend tired or I am man's best friend tired,
would that be nonsensical or it is understandable?

Cheers

• Gwan

New Zealand, English
    I suppose you're trying to make a pun on being 'dog-tired', but I had to read that several times before I took your point, so you may well get blank stares if you dropped it into conversation.

ewie

English English
    Hello Tonko. If I already knew you were fond of making wordplays like that and/or it came in the middle of a conversation full of wordplay, I'd get it in 0.23 seconds. If it came in the middle of a symposium on chemical engineering (for example), I'd have to think about it for maybe as long as 0.58 seconds.

In other words, what you're saying is perfectly clear to me, but it calls for the right circumstances:)

tonko

Italian
    @gwan & ewie

Cute. Thanks.

I would just like to stop using always the same expression I'm pretty tired, because If I am pretty I would prefer not to be tired, and some one also told me it is a poor language.
    Anyroad I have a small problem, as non native English speakers did not actually understand what I was saying, but I like that.

Once more, thank you for your comments.

Last edited:

ewie

English English
    There are plenty of (mostly slangy) synonyms for tired, Tonko: bushed, whacked, pooped, knackered ... off the top of my head.

Kumpel

British English
    Shattered is another.

tonko said:
    Anyroad I have a small problem, as non native English speakers did not actually understand what I was saying, but I like that.
    Anyroad? Tha's some reet propa northen english for y'.

tonko

Italian
    Wow, that's nice, cheers for your comments. I have a hunch I'll be using all of them.
    Dying of tiredation :D so cool.

About anyroad , I dunno why but I like it, and my wish would actually be just some reet propa English, Northern English would be the high hanging fruit for me, if I may say so.

< Previous | Next >