manual clutch motorbike

newname

Vietnamese
Hi,

What do you call this type of motorbike that has a clutch lever which you pull with your left fingers before you put your motorbike into gear?

Thank you a lot.

P.S

In my country we have automatic motorbikes which are operated by a throttle grip only and manual motorbikes which have an extra gear lever that you operate with your left foot.

• PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    In the UK, it is fair to generalise that all vehicles are assumed to have a manual gearbox unless otherwise stated. A motorbike with a manual clutch is called a motorbike. A motorbike with an automatic clutch is a motorbike with an automatic gearbox, otherwise known as 'an automatic."

A: Did you buy a motorbike?
    B: Yes, I bought a Honda CBR1000rr Fireblade.
    A: Is it an automatic?
    B: No.

newname

Vietnamese
    In the UK, A motorbike with an automatic clutch is a motorbike with an automatic gearbox, otherwise known as 'an automatic."
    Thank you a lot.

But what do you call a motorbike that is semi-automatic? I mean you only need to twist the throttle grip and use your left foot to put into gear. I ask again because we have three types in Vietnam: one with a clutch lever and gear lever; one with a gear lever, but without a clutch lever (semi-automatic:idea:); and one without a clutch lever and gear lever.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    A: Did you buy a motorbike?
    B: Yes, I bought a Yamaha FJR1300AS.
    A: Is it an automatic?
    B: No. It's a semi-automatic.

newname

Vietnamese
    Thank you Paul.

Sorry for the late reply. I was busy.

P.S
    Although your way of teaching is great, it's hard for me to find a real one and check your answer. You could count such motorbikes with your fingers because we don't have many here in Vietnam.

< Previous | Next >