Marginal Changes??

< Previous | Next >

Leandro

Brazil - Portuguese
Hi,

I'm having some trouble translating this sentence, so if anyone could explain to me what this expression means in english, i think i'll be able to translate it into my native language:

"With a few marginal changes, the ‘Great Powers’ of Europe "

What does a few marginals changes mean here?

Thanks in advance,

Leo!

• BSmith

U.S.A. - English
    Leandro said:
    Hi,

I'm having some trouble translating this sentence, so if anyone could explain to me what this expression means in english, i think i'll be able to translate it into my native language:

What does a few marginals changes mean here?

Thanks in advance,

Leo!
    Marginal would imply a small change. Might help a bit to post the entire sentence, but that should be sufficient.

rsweet

English, North America
    Leandro said:
    Hi Leo,

Okay, think about a piece of paper you are writing on. The margins are the spaces left on the sides, bottom and top of the sheet of paper. They are outside your main text/message, but still part of the paper. "Marginal changes" means slight changes that really don't affect the principal message or whole of something.

Leandro

Brazil - Portuguese
    Bsmith thanks for you reply. But if it means marginal means a "small change", why is it written "a few marginal changes"?

rsweet, the text is about the first world war, in that sentence it says that to some countries had a few marginal changes.

Thanks to all!

< Previous | Next >