marker sign for mountain panorama


Senior Member
Hello everyone,

what would you call something like this in Spanish (i.e. a marker telling you what other reference points/mountains are called from the panoramic position where you are standing)?

There is also another form: it's like a small pillar topped by a flat circular surface pointing to the four directions and marking just the names of the mountains around you

a bit like this but it does not have a supporting pillar:

(this is probably just a summit marker, but I can't find the picture of the ones I mean...)

Got It: this is what I mean:

any help both in English and Spanish is greatly appreciated,
  • skarphéðinn

    Senior Member
    Muchas gracias, Californio,

    mojón era justamente la palabra que no me venía a la mente. Así que sería mojonera (el lugar donde se ponen los mojones).

    Sí, me sirve lo de estación geodésica, aunque en el artículo cuyo link proporcionas se habla de estaciones de referencia, y no estrictamente de estaciones geodésicas - supongo sea lo mismo, igual que marcador geodésico/ vértice geodésico, que no es exactamente lo que yo buscaba, porque en ésos dudo que haya información (nombre, altura) sobre las montañas de al rededor, pero puede que no haya algo idéntico en países de habla hispana, así que marcador geodésico o estación geodésica será!

    < Previous | Next >