market activation

< Previous | Next >

ivanchick

Croatia
Hi there,

does anyone know the meaning behind the term "market activation"? I came across it in this context:

In an environment of intense learning you will uplift your skills and apply the best FMCG market approaches and practices in sales and market activation.
Your daily mission: enhancing sales and market activation with wide portfolio of iconic global and loved local brands.

When I try googleing it I only get results for "marketing activation" which I believe is not the same thing...
Thank you very much :)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Unfortunately, your image is a black screen with the number 2 in the centre - this does not help with the source or the context.

ivanchick

Croatia
    I'm sorry I didn't mean to upload anything, it must have been some kind of error. The context is in the post, these two sentences in italics...

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    :) Context is the background to your example (not simply "text"). Who is the person saying this? Who are they addressing? Why? What is "FMCG"?
    And you should give the source. :thumbsup:

ivanchick

Croatia
    Alright...

It's a job ad for a Business Developer position at one of the major beverage brand. Unfortunately there is not much more to say. These are the only two sentences where "market activation" is mentionned and I too feel that I've been left in the dark with this one to be honest...

Last edited:

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    It's a job ad for a Business Developer position
    :thumbsup:

Part of a business director's job is to introduce new products to "the market" - to ensure that when the product is put on sale, it is placed so that it has the best opportunity to sell well.

market activation refers to this aspect - (successfully) opening up a market for the goods. Bringing the goods to the attention of the public and the sellers.

< Previous | Next >