market label

< Previous | Next >

boozer

Bulgarian
Hi again, friends

I seem to have gone blank while translating yet another wine write-up. Here is the sentence:

The“?” on the working label we used at the pre-premiere presentationof the first XX Estate wine reaped such success that the wholeteam unanimously decided to keep the “question mark” that broughtus so much luck on the market/brand label.

You probably understand my problem already - there was some design-free label with a question mark that was used by the wine maker before they knew what the new wine would be called. Then, this design-free label that only had a question mark became the actual "brand label". In other words, I am trying to find the missing component in the following paradigm:

draft copy - fair copy -->
working label - ???? label

Any ideas? Suggestions or advice? :)

Last edited:
  • boozer

Bulgarian
    Thanks, Copy! Are you saying "working label" cannot work the way "working title" does? I imagined this part at least would be fine. :) Final label is marvellously simple and understandable - pity I did not think of it. :) Thanks again. :)

boozer

Bulgarian
    Thanks, YouWe - I've already sent the whole lot of gibberish. I wrote working label - final label. I can only hope that by the time he reaches this 28th wine write-up, the English-speaking wine connoisseur will have tasted the first 27 wines and forgotten all of his English. :D

< Previous | Next >