Matrimonial ad


Senior Member
Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect

How to term this kind of ads that a woman or man who divorced and wanted to marry again, they printed their requirements and usually their photos on many newspapers to look for husband or wife.

Can I call it "matrimonial ad"?

Thanks a lot
  • Parla

    Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Here, whether the person seeks a new spouse, a new girlfriend or boyfriend, or simply a companion—these ads are called personals. The ads, which typically appear in the back pages of newspapers or magazines, normally do not include photos.
    < Previous | Next >