Maximum File size when attaching an image?

L'irlandais

Ireland: English-speaking ♂
Hello,
My apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere on the forum, or in the rules some place.
I am having difficulty uploading a screenshot, because the file size is too big. However I cannot find a mention of maximum file size anywhere; in order to resize my image to a suitable file size.
Any help appreciated,
Thanks,

• L'irlandais

Thanks for that. No I don’t think it’s unreasonable. I reduced the jpeg file by taking a screen shot of it and cropping it down to size. 250kbytes did the trick. Another forum I frequent has the limit set really low to 100x100 pixels, or some such quota for which I am not equiped to meet, which is unreasonable in my view.

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    If the original was less than 1MB, I would like to take a look at it. What happens often is that an image has an insane size but the user doesn't realize it since the browsers make it fit the screen.

L'irlandais

No it was originally 1.9MB. On my ipad I haven’t figured out how to list file properties, so reducing it was a hit and miss process of making it black and white and then cropping it until it finally loaded.
    Who’d have thought I have worked in the CAD industry for the last 30 years.

It relates to this discussion : Cretan honey

< Previous | Next >