''may well be'' or ''may will be''

< Previous | Next >

aytacatlas_usa

Turkish / Turkey
hi friends , I want to know about which one is correct'' may will be'' or may well be ?

actually , I know that '' may well be'' is gramatically correct . but I am not so sure about '' may will be '' is a regional usage or just a typo on web . in my opinion it cannot be typo . I came across this sentence in a official site .

Corresponding Members shall not be required to pay dues but may will be required to pay a fee for meetings of the Society that they attend.

if you enlighten me about usage of ''may well be and ''may will be'' , I will be grateful .

WR Rule #22 - Except as a topic of discussion, chatspeak and SMS style are not acceptable. Members must do their best to write using standard language forms. <<This includes using capital letters where appropriate.>>

• Tabac

U. S. - English
    aytacatlas_usa said:
    hi friends , I want to know about which one is correct'' may will be'' or may well be ?

actually , I know that '' may well be'' is gramatically correct . but I am not so sure about '' may will be '' is a regional usage or just a typo on web . in my opinion it cannot be typo . I came across this sentence in a official site .

Corresponding Members shall not be required to pay dues but may will be required to pay a fee for meetings of the Society that they attend.

if you enlighten me about usage of ''may well be and ''may will be'' , I will be grateful .
    I'm certain that "may will be" is a typo.

Barboncino

English, Wales
    I think they couldn't decide between 'may be' and 'will be' and forgot to delete one of them:

may will be required to pay

may will be required to pay

It's definitely a typo! ;)

< Previous | Next >