MB ChB MA (MU)

vesquiva

España - Español
Hi everybody!

I have to translate the following abbreviations from English (UK) into Spanish. It is a medical letter and the document is signed by a doctor and the degrees he has. I understand that MB. ChB. es Licenciado en Medicina y Cirugía. Could MA stand for <<Medical Assistance>>? I'm not sure about (M.U). What is the meaning of <<MA (M.U)>>.

The doctor also has a Diploma in Psychological Medicine.

Hope it helps.

• LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    An MA is normally a Masters Degree. I do not see any way that it could stand for "medical assistance" or "medical assistant" either - the former is not a a degree and the latter is certainly not a degree that a physician would have. If M.U. is the university granting the degree, it will be impossible to know which of the many M.U. institutions it refers to, unless you can ask the doctor. I should leave it as initials if I were you.

vesquiva

España - Español
    An MA is normally a Masters Degree. I do not see any way that it could stand for "medical assistance" or "medical assistant" either - the former is not a a degree and the latter is certainly not a degree that a physician would have. If M.U. is the university granting the degree, it will be impossible to know which of the many M.U. institutions it refers to, unless you can ask the doctor. I should leave it as initials if I were you.
    Many thanks for your help. I think so.

Regards