Meals: - between lunch and dinner

Discussion in 'English Only' started by ADMP, Jun 6, 2007.

  1. ADMP

    ADMP Senior Member

    Sinhaleese - Sri Lanka
    Is there a exact word like brunch to use for the meal between lunch and dinner.
  2. hottuna Member

    Japan, English and Japanese
    Not really.
    Some people call it snacking.
    I like to call it tea time.
  3. ADMP

    ADMP Senior Member

    Sinhaleese - Sri Lanka
    Thanks hottuna.
  4. Randisi. Senior Member

    Dalian, China
    American English; USA
    British English - tea.

    American English - afternoon snack.
  5. Brioche

    Brioche Senior Member

    Australia English
    The closest thing is Afternoon Tea.

    Afternoon Tea was originally designed to fill the gap between lunch and dinner. The story goes that the Duchess of Bedford started it around 1840. She felt hungry at 4 in the afternoon.

    It can be a very grand affair in some of the posh hotels in Britain. You can have Afternoon Tea at the Berkeley Hotel in Knightsbridge for 33 GBP [US$66]

Share This Page