meaning imposition

ortak

Turkish
Sinan doesn't perceive architecture as only a mathematical design and makes neccessary meaning imposition to it thinking connection with human soul, nature and the divine.

Hi friends,
This sentence can sound very exaggarated or literary.
When I looked in the dictionary on the net, I found that word, but I dont know it is good to use it.

Here, I wanted to mean Sinan (the master architect) sees architecture beyond of a simple mathematical designing and gives it a more sensible meaning. Because he is very sensitive about the harmony with the nature and to catch beautiful forms to fascinate people.

Is it good or not to use it here?

Thanks in advance.

• shawnee

English - Australian
    'Imposition' comes across a bit negative for the the effect you want. I would recommend trying again using the term 'invests it with.....'

Bobbum

Meaning and imposition are both nouns and don't make sense used together. Do you mean he makes the necessary adjustments to align it with nature, the human soul and the divine?

George French

English - UK
    Sinan doesn't perceive architecture as only a mathematical design and makes neccessary meaning imposition to it thinking connection with human soul, nature and the divine.
    Thanks in advance.
    I simply cannot understand your sentence. Can you explain the concept of "Meaning imposition"? Can you split your sentence up?

GF..

Communicating ideas is very difficult..... It is even worse it you are not doing this in your mother tongue.....

ortak

Turkish
    'Imposition' comes across a bit negative for the the effect you want. I would recommend trying again using the term 'invests it with.....'
    Hmmm. It sounds interesting and thanks for the notice and advice.

invest somebody/something with something (formal) :
    to make somebody/something seem to have a particular quality :
    -> Being a model invests her with a certain glamour.

(Oxford Advanced Dictionary)

How is it now?

Sinan doesn't perceive architecture as only a mathematical design and invest it with connected to human soul, nature and the divine.

< Previous | Next >