meaning of approach has a number of problems inherent in it

Baltic Sea

Banned
Polish
Hello everybody!

However, this approach has a number of problems inherent in it, stemming mainly from the characteristics of the underwater hull coatings in general use.

The way I understand the part in the heading is as follows:

However, this approach is inseparably associated with / related to a number of problems which (the problems) stem mainly from the characteristics of the underwater hull coatings in general use.

or

However, this approach involves a number of problems which (the problems) stem mainly from the characteristics of the underwater hull coatings in general use.

Thank you.

I have been searching for the source name for almost an hour now and I have found the following:
http://ebookbrowse.com/hydrex-white-paper-2-intro-pdf-d119175620
www.sustainableshipping.com/library/view_paper?item_id=83
www.hydrex.be
www.ecospeed.be
Author: Hydrex Group

David Phillips
I cannot guarantee that you will gain access to the websites.

Please try this: www.sustainableshipping.com/library/view_paper?item_id=83
[PDF] The Slime Factor: it should work.

• JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    Hello everybody!

However, this approach has a number of problems inherent in it, stemming mainly from the characteristics of the underwater hull coatings in general use.

The way I understand the part in the heading is as follows:

However, this approach is inseparably associated with / related to a number of problems which (the problems) stem mainly from the characteristics of the underwater hull coatings in general use.

or

However, this approach involves a number of problems which (the problems) stem mainly from the characteristics of the underwater hull coatings in general use.

Thank you.
    The dictionary definition of "inherent" should help you distinguish between being involved in and being inherent in.

existing in something as a permanent or essential attribute.
    However, this approach has a number of problems inherent (existing) as essential attributes in it, stemming mainly from .....

< Previous | Next >