meaning of "zu"

< Previous | Next >

yuriandre

Filipino/Tagalog and Kapampangan
Hallo, wie geht's. Ich habe ein Fragen. Hier auf das Buch sagt: "Lesen Sie bite die Texte u nd sehen Sie die Fotos an. Ordnen Sie zu. Was beduetet zu?

Does that mean "also"? I am having difficulty using it (taking Deutsch 1 here). Did i formulate my question well? hehe. I will appreciate it if someone will correct me. Please provide me a very simple explanation using not-so-profound German vocabularies as I am just ein Anfänger. :-D

• Kajjo

No, the verb is "zuordnen" which means assign/associate/match. The exercise wants you to match pictures and text with each other. So look which text could relate to which photo.

The verb is just separated in typical German manner:
    "Ich ordne die Bilder dem Text zu!"
    "Ordnen Sie die Bilder dem Text zu!"

"Machen Sie mit!" bedeutet join in/take part. You are requested to participate in the listening exercise, probably by speaking along with the cassete tape.

Cheers!
    Kajjo

yuriandre

Wow. I was just reading something about separable verbs. Is that it? Is the verb actually zuordnen? Wow. That was really good. Thanks for your answers! :-D Please share more info thanks!

Danke Sie!

Yuriandre

yuriandre

Another stupid question. :( Why do I see sometimes that the article das, die, and der changes when it is associated in a sentence as in," Ordnen Sie die Bilder dem Text...Why does it change and what are the rules regarding the change? Arigatou gozaimasu!

Yuriandre

Kajjo

The articles have to be declined like the nouns. This is very basic. Have a look at any German introduction book.

Or maybe here:
    der
    die

On that pages you will find declinations for all important Germans words!

Kajjo

DaleC

yuriandre said:
    Another stupid question. :( Why do I see sometimes that the article das, die, and der changes when it is associated in a sentence
    Have you heard of grammatical "case" in other languages? That is what some of the variations in the definite article are about.

< Previous | Next >