medal helmet head

raffavita

italian
Ciao a tutti ragazzi,
:)
Sono ancora alle prese con i fumetti di guerra.

Un comandante dice a un soldato: "Come back here, XXX. Wiping out that nazi mortar is a detail for a bazooka team, not for a medal helmet-head like you."

"Torna qui, XXX. Distruggere quel mortaio nazista è una minuzia per la squadra bazooka, non per ???? un come te.

Aiutoooooooo!

Grazie mille a tutti voi!
:):)

• TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Ciao,
    Sei sicura che non è "metal"?

Forse si tratta di un soldato con un lavoro molto particolare - medico militare (non dottore)????

...non per un soldato che porta un elmo di medaglia...
    ??????

C'è più contesto?

raffavita

italian
    Ciao Tim!!
    :):)

Nope. It's the first page of the comic.
    And yes, I'm sure it's medal helmet head.

It's also the first sentence of the comic.
    All I can say is that the GI he is addressing is medal-mad.

Zenchiuuuuuuuu!

beccamutt

English - US
    Hmmmm.... the best I can think of is that "medal helmet head" is the commander's way of saying that either the soldier has many medals or is always trying to earn medals. I'm not sure about this, though, and I'm not sure what that would have to do with wiping out nazi martar. Maybe he's saying that wiping out the mortar should be done by a specialized team (bazooka team) rather than by someone just looking to earn medals???

beccamutt

English - US
    No.... just the "head" part makes me think that. Like, someone who likes heavy metal music a lot is a "metal head". Again, I'm not so sure, it's just the impression I get. Perhaps wait for another opinion. :)

novizio

English-American
    I also have never heard the the term "medal helmet head". But from the context the person giving the order is certainly saying that a specialized unit (bazooka squad) is better eguipped to handle the mortar situation. My guess is that this term is intended to mean "an ordinary infantryman/rifleman".

raffavita

italian
    Hi,

so "detail" is not a negative term.

Mmm.

:confused:

EDIT: It could be a play on words.

He's so crazy for medals that his helmet head is not made of metal but of medals?

Last edited:

novizio

English-American
    "Detail" is sometimes a military term that simply means "an assignment/task/duty", it also usually means there are more than one persons assigned. It is only negative if you don't happen to like the particular assignment you are assigned to. I have no idea if the author intends an ironic meaning to "medal-metal head", it is a possibility if he intends that because the soldier is an ordinary infantryman (and lacks the weaponry of a bazooka squad) he would have to be "trying to win a medal' to volunteer for this dangerous assignment.