mega-Pascal

Petus

English USA
Can some help me with this please. It has to do with electricity (I think) I need it in English
MPa wich inspanish is mega-Pascal.

I'm sorry I can't provide more information

Thanks so much for your help!

• Dandee

Argentina, español
    I can't understand clearly what you need. MPa in spanish means mega pascal (un millón de pascales = 1.000.000 Pa), It is not an electrical unit, It is a pressure unit. 1 MPa is equivalent to 10 Bar.

Regards.

Dandee.

Dandee

Argentina, español
    Petus. I copied the first sentence from Wikipedia which I commend to you. The pascal (symbol: Pa) is the SI derived unit of pressure, stress, Young's modulus and tensile strength. It is a measure of force per unit area, defined as one newton per square metre. As far as I know it has nothing to do with electricity, but rather more to do with measuring air pressure as in meteorology or in engineering applications.
    You are right It is a measure unit that has to do with a force per unit area:

megapascal (MPa, MP) a common metric unit of pressure or stress equal to one million pascals or one newton per square millimeter. One megapascal equals 10 bars or approximately 145.038 pounds per square inch (lbf/in2 or psi) or 20 885.5 pounds (10.443 U.S. tons) per square foot. The symbol MP is used fairly commonly in engineering, but it is not correct: use MPa.
    Extracted from: http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/dictM.html

Millipascal is 1 Pascal divided by 1000, It is the same kind of unit than MPa, but much more little:

millipascal (mPa) an SI unit of pressure equal to 0.001 pascal or 1 millinewton per square meter. This very small unit is used to measure the pressure of sound waves.
    Regards.

Dandee.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >