memory from days long past

< Previous | Next >

MissRoxie

English USA
Hello,
My sister and I will soon be launching our business of vintage and vintage- inspired clothing, home decor, and accessories. We would love to give our business a French name, with the theme of "memory of days long past". The intent of the name is to convey the feel of remembering the beauty of days long past. Nostalgia etc.

• charlie2

Hi,
    "(pour) le bon vieux temps" perhaps?
    Literally: (for) the good old days.
    Whatever name you are going to choose, good luck.:)
    Yes, please wait a bit. I am sure there will be much more creative suggestions.

MissRoxie

English USA
    I found the words Jardis Memoire and wondered if the phrase makes sense or if the words can be used together in some way. I would especially like to use the word memoire as it has a romantic feel to me. Thank you.

timpeac

English (England)
    How about

Belle époque or
    souvenir d'antan

Miss Roxie - mémoire means memory in the sense of the human faculty, not a memory (which is souvenir).

Agnès E.

France, French
    I like souvenir d'antan ! :thumbsup:

Le passé retrouvé
    Souvenirs, souvenirs
    Passé présent
    Toujours
    Jadis aujourd'hui

hald

France
    MissRoxie said:
    I found the words Jardis Memoire and wondered if the phrase makes sense or if the words can be used together in some way. I would especially like to use the word memoire as it has a romantic feel to me. Thank you.
    Mémoires du temps jadis would do the trick I think.
    You can use "mémoire" to replace "souvenir(s)", it will sound quite old-fashioned but it will be understandable.

MissRoxie

English USA
    :) Thank you all very much for your time spent in responding to my translation request. I appreciate learning the many different ways that the thought of memory of days long past can be conveyed. And I especially appreciate your efforts to provide me with a translation that would capture the underlying "feel" of nostalgia.
    Memoires du temp jadis, "quite old-fashioned but understandable". Absolutely perfect. Thank you again.

< Previous | Next >